Over the past two weeks, NCB has led a series of ‘Learn – Explore – Debate’ events around the country, bringing early years professionals together to discuss and connect directly with the Department for Education on the latest early years policy and practice. This involved:
- Learning about the Department for Education and Public Health England’s work on speech, language and communication.
- Exploring how Ofsted inspections are being carried out in early years settings under the new inspection framework.
- Debating the issues that matter to the sector, including the government’s proposed reforms to the EYFS, with representatives from DfE, NCB’s expert staff, and other professionals.
Materials from our events in Birmingham, Manchester, London and Bristol:
- Changes to the Areas of Learning and Early Learning Goals comparison table
- Early Years Foundation Stage Reforms consultation – Department for Education
- Speech, Language and Communication pathway – Public Health England
- Education Inspection Framework – Ofsted
Download the full slide pack here.