If your family is facing particular challenges, or your child has a special educational need (SEN), disability or additional needs, there is lots of help and support available to you.
The introduction of the Children and Families Act 2014 means that local councils, services and health services must work together to offer you and your child better support.
The children’s services team in your local council area are there to help you get the services you are entitled to, and there are many organisations that offer specialist support and advice for families, whether it’s about help for a new born baby or getting the right assistance when your child starts school.
- NHS guide to social care services for children
- Find your local council
- Find your local authority Family Information Services
- Contact – a charity that supports parents of children with disabilities
- Early Support- a national programme of support for families of disabled children and young people
- Council for Disabled Children
- Information from Scope
- Help for children with learning disabilities
- Childcare for disabled children
- IPSEA (Independent Parental Special Education Advice)
- NASEN (National Association for Special Educational Needs)