The Foundation Years website is funded by the Department for Education and brought to you by the National Children’s Bureau. Unfortunately we are unable to provide advice or guidance to parents and practitioners.
You can find information on support services below and links to other organisations here.
You can sign up to our mailing list here.
Email: [email protected]
Family Information Services
Family Information Services provide free, impartial information for parents and carers of children and young people aged 0 to 19 (up to 25 years for those with additional needs) and anyone working with families on:
- Details on the registered childcare available in your area
- Childcare funding
- Becoming a childcare provider
- Parenting support
- Signposting to relevant services
Find your local Family Information Service here.
Independent Advice Support (IAS) Service
IAS Services have a duty to provide information, advice and support to disabled children and young people, and those with SEN, and their parents. They are free, impartial and confidential services. They can help with:
- IAS on subjects including local policy and practice, the Local Offer, personalisation, Personal Budgets, the law on SEN and disability, health and social care.
- IAS through the EHC assessment and planning process.
- Confidential and impartial IAS to children and young people as well as to their parents.
- Individual casework, representation and support in preparing for and attending meetings.
- Help in filling in forms and writing letters/reports.
- Support on exclusions.
- Support in resolving disagreements, including mediation and tribunals.
- Signposting to local or national sources of advice, information and support.
- Links to local parent support groups and forums.
- Training on the law relating to SEN and disability, as it applies to education, health and social care. This training can be provided to early years settings, schools, colleges, statutory and voluntary agencies
Find your local Independent Advice Support Service here.