Professor Cathy Nutbrown has been asked by the Minister of State for Children and Families, Sarah Teather MP, to conduct an independent review into qualifications in the early education and childcare sector. The review will look at:
- The content of early years and childcare qualifications and training courses to improve the skills, knowledge and experience of early years professionals.
- Career progression and motivation in the early years workforce.
- The development of a range of qualifications to meet the needs of all professionals, at every stage of their career.
- The high standards and quality that are needed to meet the needs of children, families, workers and employers in the early years sector.
- Raising the status of early education and childcare.
Professor Nutbrown would like to hear the views of parents and families, and all those involved in the delivery of early education and childcare. You can access the consultation questions here.
The call for evidence will run until 23 December 2011.