This week (6 June – 12 June) is Child Safety Week, an annual campaign run by the Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT).
According to CAPT, every day around 40 under-5s are rushed to hospital after choking or swallowing something dangerous. It can happen quickly and it can happen to anyone. With this in mind, we would like to share with you some useful resources regarding food safety and choking prevention.
- Food safety – Help for early years providers (GOV.UK)
- Early Years choking hazards table (Foundation Years)
- Early Years choking hazards poster (Foundation Years)
- Preparing food safely for young children (useful video)
- Choking avoidance poster (CAPT)
- Choking hazards in the home and how to avoid them (The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents)